Friday, June 29, 2007

Podcast 411: Meet the People Behind the Mic

As you'd guess from its name, Podcast 411 gives you information and links on many different podcasts. You can find these details other places, of course, but what I like about the site is that it also features interviews with many of podcasters.

If I like a podcast I'm interested to know how the host got started, how they became interested in podcasting, whether they had any experience in radio, etc. Naturally most good podcasters keep their shows focused on the content and don't often talk about themselves... unless it's one of those highly personal podcasts (which I tend not to listen to).

Among the other features you'll find at Podcast 411:
* the Podcast 411 blog
* directory of podcasts
* instructions on how to get podcasts
* details on how to learn to podcast
* podcasting software
* sites about podcasting (for podcasters)

I'm always on the lookout for new podcasts to listen to and review, so I'll be heading back to Podcast 411 in a few days to find new shows and listen to some of the interviews with my favorite podcasters.

No comments :