|City Winery presents a series of free Tuesday night after-work shows.|
City Winery is sponsoring its free Hudson Square Music & Wine Festival for the third year in a row, and tonight's show features those ageless wonders of blues and soul, the Holmes Brothers.
The festival, which features shows early on Tuesday nights (5:30 to 7:30), is held in the courtyard behind City Winery, which is at 155 Varick Street, between Spring and Vandam (see directions here).
Previous shows have featured Mike Doughty and Emily Wells and the New York Gypsy All Stars. Upcoming shows in the Hudson Square Music & Wine Festival:
- 7/5 - The Holmes Brothers
- 7/12 - Vernon Reid (of Living Color)
- 7/19 - Williamsburg Salsa Orchestra (salsa versions of songs from indie bands such as Spoon, Arcade Fire, etc.)
- 7/26 - Forro in the Dark (native Brazilians playing world music that blends country, folk, jazz, and more)
- 8/2 - CCB Reggae All-Stars
- 8/09 - Nicole Atkins
- 8/16 - The Wood Brothers (with Chris Wood from Medeski Martin & Wood)