Amanda Palmer plays "Purple Rain" and more at Terminal 5 on New Year's Eve.
Having been out of town for the last week, however, I haven't had time to check on which of these shows still have tickets available. Some are definitely sold out, including the Punch Brothers and Michael Daves at Bowery Ballroom and the Felice Brothers at Mercury Lounge.
Others still seem to be on sale as of this writing, a few of them being:
- The Hold Steady (at Montclair's Wellmont Theatre)
- They Might Be Giants (at Music Hall of Williamsburg)
- Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra (at Terminal 5) playing Prince's "Purple Rain" all the way through, as well as their own original songs
- Gov't Mule (at the Beacon Theatre)
- Blonde Redhead, Beach Fossils, and Bubbles (at Irving Plaza), Oh My Rockness's own show
If you're staying in and want some musical accompaniment that swings, WNYC Radio will once again broadcast a John Pizzarelli Radio Deluxe special for New Year's Eve. The show starts at 10 p.m. and can be heard on 93.9 FM and 820 AM. You should be able to listen online from the station's website too, if you're out of the station's listening area.
The description of Radio Deluxe from WNYC's website:
Airs Monday, December 31 (New Year's Eve) at 10pm on 93.9FM & AM820
Radio Deluxe returns for another New Year’s Eve program on WNYC. Join musician John Pizzarelli and singer Jessica Molaskey, as they get together in their "deluxe living room" to make music, play CDs and have fun with their musical guests and introduce listeners to a new generation of performers who know the greatness of the American songbook."